CoatingsPro Magazine's 7th annual Contractor Awards Program is now open for submissions! CoatingsPro Magazine, which takes a real-world look at the coatings industry, showcases projects and crews that demonstrate excellence in the commercial and industrial high-performance coatings sectors in this annual program.
Award winners are recognized in seven categories — Commercial Concrete, Commercial Roof, Industrial Concrete, Industrial Steel, Specialty Project, Work It Safe, and Contractor/Crew MVP — which we plan to recognize at the annual AMPP Conference + Expo in March 2023 in Denver, Colorado.
Deadline to Submit:
October 31, 2022
Here are the nomination details:
Submit a Project
Judging the Awards
No Submission Fee!
Ready to Get Started?
Previous Award Winners
To be eligible for an award, the project(s) must meet the following criteria:
1. Anyone is eligible to submit a project or crew, but the nomination must focus on one specific project from the coatings contractor's point of view.
2. Projects should be completed between November 2020 and November 2022 — that’s two years of eligibility.
3. The entry form package must be delivered by 11:59 p.m. EST on October 31, 2022.
4. Project pictures are required.
a. Digital format preferred in jpeg or GIF. Photos are preferred to show before, during, and after shots in files no smaller than 1 MB.
b. A photo release form must be signed and sent with the other submission documents to CPcontractorawards@coatingspromag.com. Photos are preferred to show before, during, and after shots in files no smaller than 1 MB.
c. All photos must be Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliant.
The size of the project can be big or small, but it should fit within one of the following categories:
• Commercial Concrete
• Commercial Roof
• Industrial Concrete
• Industrial Steel
• Specialty Project. This should be any project(s) that doesn’t fit in any other category.
• Contractor/Crew MVP. If you know a team or crew member deserving of recognition, let us know! This submission may be for anything outstanding that was accomplished on the jobsite (e.g., an exemplary team contribution, safety performance, or communication practices). Scroll to the bottom of the nomination form to complete the MVP Section.
Work It Safe! New from 2022, this category will be awarded to the highest scoring project submission with regards to safety (see #3 below).
The award submissions will be rated by the CoatingsPro Editorial Advisory Group. These are industry experts who will judge the projects according to the following award guidelines:
1. Did the contractor complete the nomination form? To be eligible, submit a completed nomination, including the completed form, photos, and a signed photo release form.
2. Challenges and Problem Solving – Any challenges or unusual circumstances that had to be overcome? Did the challenge require out of the ordinary problem solving?
3. Was the crew safety compliant per OSHA? The project should have been completed in an OSHA-compliant work environment. For example, if fall risks couldn’t have been engineered out of the project, all crew members should have worn fall protection when necessary.
4. Were there measurable monetary savings?
5. Was this an innovative project? Innovations can be large or small. Your crew may have used a new process, tool, or piece of equipment to complete the project, for example.
6. Was this job efficient? This may be in relation to time or money savings, material wasted, etc.
7. How was this project unique? Every job is different. What separates this project from others that you’ve completed? It may have contributed to a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating, for example.
You read that right! There are no fees to submit your project and/or crew for a CoatingsPro Contractor Award.
Winners in each category will receive:
1. An award or plaque with the company and project names.
2. A highlight in an issue of CoatingsPro Magazine as an award winner.
3. Mentions on CoatingsPro’s Website and social media platforms as an award winner
4. Recognition in the coatings industry for your outstanding work.
Be sure to submit your project and/or crew between now and October 31, 2022 to be eligible for an award. Fill out the nomination form online or download and email a PDF to our team.
For more information about submitting an award or joining us at the awards ceremony, contact: CoatingsPro’s Contractor Awards Program, CPcontractorawards@coatingspromag.com.
You will receive notification from a staff member that we received your submission.
Good luck and happy coating!
*CoatingsPro Magazine reserves the right to change the category to which a project has been submitted if the Editorial Advisory Group deems the project better suited for an alternative category.
Interested in sponsoring one of the categories of the 2023 awards? Contact us here.
See which coatings companies and crews have previously won CoatingsPro’s Contractor Awards Program and watch the awards presentations:
2022 Winners: Announcing and awarding the winners in San Antonio, Texas
2021 Winners: Announcing and awarding the winners during the virtual CORROSION 2021 conference.
2020 Winners: Announcing and awarding the winners in our inaugural LIVE virtual event online!
2019 Winners: Announcing and awarding the winners in Nashville, Tennessee.
2018 Winners: Announcing and awarding the winners in Phoenix, Arizona.
2017 Winners: Winners announced and awards presentation in New Orleans, Louisiana.
“It doesn't get any better than being recognized as an industry leader when judged by your peers. When a potential new clients sees our national awards and industry accolades it instills confidence in them of us and trust in themselves for making a great choice by selecting us. High quality glossy publications featuring our projects makes excellent case studies or project profiles that go out in our collateral materials given to all new clients.”
~Gary Harvey, General Manager at Wedge Roofing, Winner of CoatingsPro Contractor Awards Program 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.