Image courtesy of Behr Pro
Protecting high-traffic areas from getting “scuffed up” is a
challenge all Property Owners/Managers, Contractors, and Professional Painters
have had to address. Why?
Because conventional flat paints are non-reflective,
great at hiding surface imperfections, and easy to touch up – however they are
prone to burnishing and scuffing. On the
other hand, higher sheen gloss paints stand up well to burnishing and
but tend to highlight surface imperfections and are more difficult
to touch up. The best of both is needed.
As a partner to professionals, BEHR PRO® set out to find a
solution – and a new tool of the trade is here to help - BEHR ULTRA™ Scuff
BEHR ULTRA™ Scuff Defense™ has the non-reflective appearance of a flat paint with the scuff and burnish resistance of a higher sheen paint. It’s the flat paint that is “too tough to scuff.”
BEHR ULTRA™ Scuff Defense™ Interior Flat Paint sets a new standard for flat paint durability – featuring breakthrough innovation to deliver a rich flat finish that is truly durable enough for high-traffic areas -
- Advanced scuff and mar resistance provide a durable finish for high-traffic areas.
- Exceptional burnish resistance holds up to frequent cleaning without showing noticeable increase in gloss or sheen.
- Excellent stain-blocking properties prevent most stains from coming through the painted surface.
- On most surfaces, it removes the step of using a separate primer.
*A primer coat may be needed on some surfaces. See Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for details.
- Antimicrobial mildew-resistant paint finish provides effective protection from mold and mildew developing in the dried paint film.
- Low VOC (< 50 g/L excluding colorants) meets the most stringent VOC regulations nationwide.
BEHR ULTRA™ Scuff Defense™ is available exclusively at The Home Depot® .
For more information, visit behrpro.com/scuffdefense
Best serving the needs of Professional Contractors, Painters, and Property Owners/Managers is at the core of the BEHR PRO® mission, and this is the foundation of the BEHR PRO® Professional Products & Services Program.
BEHR PRO® is dedicated to delivering high-quality products and personalized services to meet the needs of their customers nationwide. Painting Professionals have access to a dedicated and knowledgeable BEHR PRO® rep who will help with all painting product and service needs, including:
- Call, Text, or Email Order Placement directly to your dedicated
- Arrange Will Call and Schedule Delivery* – your order will be ready for pick-up at your preferred The Home Depot®
location. For added convenience, you can have your order delivered directly to your home, office, or job site. (*Where available, some restrictions apply.)
- Custom Color Matching – Bring a color from any source (paint scraped from a building or house, a piece of fabric, or a competitor’s paint chip) –
can match it.
- Project and Order Record Management – a lifetime of color history by job.
- Job Walks – your dedicated
rep will meet you at your job site to tour the project, observe substrate conditions, photographically document your site, and offer valuable surface preparation, product, and application recommendations.
- Project Submittal Packages – The Behr Submittal process will ensure that you’re getting the right painting system for the job. Your
rep will provide you with all documentation to ensure a smooth submittal process that will get your project approved and moving forward.
- Specification Services – get advice on creating a detailed and comprehensive paint system specification to fit your particular project scope.
To contact a BEHR PRO® representative, visit behr.com/rep